Here's a handful of events going on this week:
1) Employment/ Networking Support Group, Monday, November 12, 6:30 p.m., RDC Center for Counseling and Human Development, 152 N Broadway, White Plains, NY. Free 6-week networking/support group for anyone who has lost a job. Each week a topic related to employment is presented (resume writing, internet searching, skills assessment, interviewing skills)
2) Iraq and Afghanistan War Veterans Support Group, Monday, November 12, 7 pm., American Red Cross, 106 N Broadway, White Plains, NY. The American Red Cross' White Plains Chapter hosts a free support group for veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan every Monday at 7p.m.
3) Confidential Memory Screening, Tuesday, November 13, 1-3 p.m. , 94 Davis Ave, New Rochelle, NY. Everyone is invited to a free memory screening sponsored by The Morning Star Society and Alzheimer’s Foundation of America. The screenings consist of a series of questions and tasks, are conducted by qualified healthcare professionals and the results and information are not intended to provide a diagnosis or recommendation for treatment. For information, contact: Dr. Louis Miele at The Morning Star Society, 519 Main St. New Rochelle, NY 10801 (914) 636-6670, or you may contact Debbie McLeroy or Phillis Mauceri at the Hugh Doyle Senor Center 914- 235-2363
4) Haunted House, Wednesday, November 14, 6-8 pm. Pelham Memorial High School, 575 Colonial Ave, Pelham, NY. The Senior Class of 2013 hosts this annual Halloween themed event for elementary students in the Pelham School District. It was postponed after Hurricane Sandy.
5) Rip Van Winkle to Awaken, Tickets: $10, Friday, November 16 and Saturday, November 18, 7 p.m. and Sunday, November 18, 2 p.m., Daniel Webster Elementary School, 95 Glenmore Dr, New Rochelle, NY. New Rochelle Council on the Arts, in collaboration with Songcatchers, Dance Connection, and Tutti Bravi Productions, will present "Rip Van Winkle", a unique two-act operetta, on November 16-18, 2012. Students from Songcatchers and from other local high schools will perform the principle roles. The Songcatchers Youth Choir and a live community-based orchestra will also perform in this production. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children. Checks should be made out to New Rochelle Council on the Arts and sent to New Rochelle Council on the Arts, P.O. Box 211, New Rochelle, NY 10804. For more information, please contact Billie Tucker at (914) 235-9414, Sr. Beth Dowd at Songcatchers at (914) 654-1178 or Dianne Flagello at (914) 654-8312.