Check out these interesting events taking place in the week ahead:
1) Burke Food and Coat Drive, Monday, November 26, All Day. Burke Rehabilitation Center, 785 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains, NY. Burke Rehabilitation Center has partnered with the Food Bank for Westchester and NY Cares to run a food and coat drive. Burke will be collecting non-perishable foods and coats until the end of the year for these two organizations that have the network to get the donations to those who need it most.
2) New Westchester Symphony Orchestra Open Rehearsals, Wednesday, November 28, 7:30 p.m. Music Conservatory of Westchester, 216 Central Ave, White Plains, NY. The New Westchester Symphony Orchestra (NewWSO) is an amateur, audition-free orchestra rehearsing weekly on Wednesdays in White Plains. Rehearsals are open to players of all abilities, whether they haven't played in 50 years or have played their whole lives. Weekly rehearsals are held at the Music Conservatory of Westchester, 216 Central Park Ave, White Plains. First rehearsal is free. Call Executive Director Belinda Kan at 914-260-1811 or email email@example.com for more information or to RSVP for a rehearsal. Come join the orchestra!
3) , Thursday, November 29, 7 p.m. Iona College, 715 North Ave, New Rochelle, NY. Cost: $5. Ajkun Ballet Theatre celebrates the 100th anniversary of Albanian independence with a performance of their ballet, LEGACY, THE ODYSSEY OF ALBANIA, co-sponsored by the Iona College Council on the Arts and the New Rochelle Council on the Arts. This contemporary ballet performed by New Rochelle's own professional ballet company depicts the rituals rooted deep in history from 2000 BC and impressed on Albanian culture by the Romans, the Byzantine Empire and the Islamic faith. This full ballet touches on the contemporary social topics such as discrimination against women, immigrants and religion. For more information, call 914- 637-7796.
4) ” Friday, November 30, 6:30 p.m. Pelham Art Center, 155 Fifth Ave., Pelham, NY. Celebrate the opening of Craft-Tastic with a festive reception and art workshop. In the workshop, led by PAC artist-educator Nancy Nikkal, participants will make their own wrapping paper for the holidays! Call 914-738-2525 for more details.
5) Westchester Free Arts Day, Sunday, December 2, 12 p.m. Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton St. Yonkers, NY. FREE Museum and Planetarium Admission. Benjamin Levy Tops Trickery 1 – 4 p.m. Nationally acclaimed magician Benjamin Levy spins his famous tops in a performance as seen on the Martha Stewart Show! Holiday Arts 1 – 4 p.m. Create miniature Santas and dreidels. Holiday Tour 1:30 p.m. Nybelwyck Hall, a 24-room dollhouse and build your own dollhouse room.