1. Today . “Family Time” is an initiative that encourages Pelham families to sit down and enjoy dinner together once a month during the school year. This is the third year that the Pelham PACT has organized the program. A list of take out menus for local restaurants can be found here.
2. is scheduled for today. Family University at New Rochelle High School is an evening of education and information for middle and high school students and their parents. The event, which takes place at New Rochelle High School and starts at 6:30 p.m, will feature workshops aimed at four different categories: Parents, High School Students, Middle School Students and Spanish Speaking Parents. The event will also feature a light dinner. Registration is required. Call Bruce Kelly at (914) 365-4728 for more information.
3. on Tuesday, May 1, about the federal budget. at 8 p.m. inside the . The forum is sponsored by the Pelham Democratic Club. The event is free and open to the public.
4. The jazz quartet from the Music Conservatory at Purchase i at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 2. The event is free and open to the public.
5. Friday, May 4, with a reception from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Curated by Lisa A. Banner, the exhibit will highlight the work of artists who use use light in different ways to shape their materials, reveal and create form, and convert its energy into something that can be seen and experienced. The show will feature the works of artists Bryan Graf, Jeph Gurecka, Sharon Louden, Beatrice Pediconi, Chris Smith, and Joe Winter. The exhibition will be on display until June 30.