Here's a few Halloween themed ideas to get the kids in a trick-or-treat frame of mind.
1) Horseman's Hollow. Philipsburg Manor & Kykuit Visitor Center, 381 N Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY. Thursday, October 25, 2012. Price: $20. Are you ready to be scared out of your mind? Taking the tale of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow to its darkest extremes, Horseman’s Hollow returns for a third year of highly entertaining haunted mayhem. Philipsburg Manor transforms into a terrifying landscape ruled by the undead, the evil, and the insane. Heads will definitely roll…maybe even your own! This is Sleepy Hollow’s premier haunted attraction, right in the heart of the village. Not suitable for small children or the faint of heart. Enter at your own risk! For more information, call 914-631-8200.
2) Halloween Bat and Owl Prowl. Weinberg Nature Center, 455 Mamaroneck Rd, Scarsdale, NY. Friday, October 26, 2012, 6-9 p.m. Price: $5, Children under 2 free. Dare to venture out at night? Come in costume with friends and family as we journey through the shadows and meet live “creatures of the night” that come to symbolize Halloween. We’ll gaze at stars, take a night-hike and stir some witches brew. For more information, call 914-722-1289 or email email@example.com
3) Sleepy Hollow Haunted Hayride and Block Party. Sleepy Hollow - Recreation Department, 28 Beekman Ave, Sleepy Hollow, NY. Friday, October 26- Sunday, October 28, 2012, 7 p.m. daily. Ticket purchase required. For more information see Sleepy Hollow Recreation Department website http://www.sleepyhollowny.gov
4) Halloween Fun Bash at The Westchester Mall. 125 Westchester Ave., White Plains, NY. Saturday, October 27, 2012. 12 - 1:30 p.m. The Westchester is hosting its annual Simon Kidgits Club®Halloween Fun Bash in Center Court on Retail Level One, offering a variety of fun and frightening seasonal festivities for families. For information, call 914-421-1333.
5) Ink for a Cure- Costume Contest and Ride. Empire Harley-Davidson, 8 Industrial Ln, New Rochelle, NY. Sunday, October 28, 2012, 10 a.m. The Ink For a Cure Foundation (IFAC) was started as a dedication to the lives of Big Joe Kaplan and his son Jason Todd Kaplan whose lives were both cut short by diabetes. Ink For A Cure's Mission Statement is to improve the lives of those affected by diabetes by fundraising through special events. In the spirit of Halloween there will also be a Costume contest, prizes, giveaways and more! For information, call 914-632-6743 or email Carly@empireharley.com