For more information, please visit http://hauntatrockyledge.com
1) The Haunt at Rocky Ledge, Friday-Sunday, October 12-28 , 7:00 p.m. 1402 Old Orchard St, White Plains, NY. On a crisp October evening, you will start your experience in the middle of the woods! As you continue on, the trail becomes narrow and the smell of horror fills your senses! Will you make it through The Forest of Lost Souls? Or will your head be spinning as you travel backwards in Lost In Time? The Field of Screams is your next stop where you will try to navigate yourself out of the cornfield! The next location takes place in The Barn of Horrors where you will experience many different hair-raising events! Make it through the barn and you are onto your final destination, which is Last Rites! A strange character will be awaiting your arrival! One can only hope to make it through each experience alive at Rocky Ledge! Will it be you? Special Children's Day On Sunday Afternoons! Games, Crafts, Prizes, & “Mario the Magician”! October 14th, 21st, & 28th 2012. Cost: $16.
2) Annual Pumpkin Festival, 5K Race and Kids’ Fun Run, Pelham Children’s Center, Richard J. Daronco Town House & Town Green and Gazebo, Saturday, October 13, 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. Get race registration form at this link. Will include a pumpkin and mum sale, children’s games and seasonal crafts, bounce castle, "Name Your Price" used book sale, raffle prizes and special performance by Zev Haber and Pretzelstein.
3) 1st Annual Westchester Multicultural Children’s Book Festival, Saturday, October 13, 11 a.m. White Plains Public Library, 100 Martine Ave. The Westchester Multicultural Children’s Book Festival is an exciting festival presenting innovative, entertaining, and fun-filled programs for children, parents, teachers, and all advocates for children. Presented indoors and out, on the White Plains Library Plaza and within the library,the Festival brings together authors, publishers, book lovers, community organizations, children’s well-being service providers, booksellers and literary organizations from across Westchester and beyond in an entertaining celebration of books, ideas, and family literacy.
4) Pick-your-own apples. Every weekend through October 21, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Orchards of Concklin, 2 S Mountain Rd, Pomona, NY. The Concklins grow over 20 varieties of apples but will offer the following for picking while supplies last: Cortland, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Empires, Golden Delicious, Winesap, Rome Fuji and Macouns. (All apples are not available at all weekends). Apples are $18 a peck bag. Picking poles are available for rental $1 ($5 refundable deposit). Pumpkins will be available the weekends of October 13 and October 20.
For additional fun for kids, every weekend from noon to 5pm, there are inflatable slides, bouncies, Jurassic Adventure and Kid's Haunted House each for a small fee ($.50 -$1.00) AND their 1/2 acre corn maze! Refreshments, such as The Orchard of Concklin’s apple cider and their award-winning apple cider doughnuts, are available in their farm store which is open daily from 8:00am-6:00pm seven days a week.
For information on apple picking birthday parties or school field trips call 845-354-0369 and call ahead, for weather permitting picking. Sorry, pets, picnics and climbing in trees is not permitted. The Orchards of Concklin is conveniently located off Exit 12 on the Palisades Parkway at RT 45 and South Mountain Road in Pomona, NY.
5) Little Farmers at Muscoot Farm. Children ages 3 and 4 can have fun learning about the different residents at the farm through hands-on experience. A different animal will be featured each week. From 10- 11 a.m. and 1-2 p.m. Fee $10; pre-registration required at muscootfarm.org or call (914) 864-7282. Location: Muscoot Farm, Somers, NY.