Here's a few activities to check out with your young bunch this week:
1) Haunted House, Wednesday, November 14, 6-8 pm. Pelham Memorial High School, 575 Colonial Ave, Pelham, NY. The Senior Class of 2013 hosts this annual Halloween themed event for elementary students in the Pelham School District.
2) 49th Annual Valenti Thanksgiving Parade, Saturday, November 17, 10 a.m. Starts at New Rochelle High School Eastchester Rd and North Ave, New Rochelle, NY. The Chamber of Commerce and the City of New Rochelle is happy to present the 49th Annual Valenti Thanksgiving Parade. This year's Grand Marshal is County Executive, Rob Astorino. Join us to enjoy a myriad of entertain for kids of all ages. Classic cars and fire trucks, roller derby, clowns and floats galore! With a special appearance from Ol' Saint Nick!
Route: Starts at Eastchester Road and North Ave. (New Rochelle High School), going South on North AVe. to Main St., Then right on Main St., to Maple Ave.
3) Children's Music Network Song Swap, Saturday, November 17, 1 p.m. White Plains Public Library, 100 Martine Ave., White Plains, NY. Calling all teachers, musicians, librarians, and children’s performers!! The Children’s Music Network, New York Region invites you to a song swap exploring the myriad connections between music in early childhood and emergent literacy. Bring your favorite songs that tell stories and stories that embrace songs. Call 914-422-1476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4) Smart Money for Teens, Saturday, November 17, 2 p.m. White Plains Public Library, 100 Martine Ave., White Plains, NY. This workshop, developed for middle school and high school students, teaches smart-money behaviors. It provides an overview of the common money tools teens will use throughout their lives such as credit cards, checking accounts and how to budget their money. Call 914-422-1480 or email email@example.com for more information.
5) Rip Van Winkle to Awaken, Tickets: $10, Friday, November 16 and Saturday, November 18, 7 p.m. and Sunday, November 18, 2 p.m., Daniel Webster Elementary School, 95 Glenmore Dr, New Rochelle, NY. New Rochelle Council on the Arts, in collaboration with Songcatchers, Dance Connection, and Tutti Bravi Productions, will present "Rip Van Winkle", a unique two-act operetta, on November 16-18, 2012. Students from Songcatchers and from other local high schools will perform the principle roles. The Songcatchers Youth Choir and a live community-based orchestra will also perform in this production. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children. Checks should be made out to New Rochelle Council on the Arts and sent to New Rochelle Council on the Arts, P.O. Box 211, New Rochelle, NY 10804. For more information, please contact Billie Tucker at (914) 235-9414, Sr. Beth Dowd at Songcatchers at (914) 654-1178 or Dianne Flagello at (914) 654-8312.