Some fun stuff for the smaller set:
1) Critters, Crafts and Kids, Wednesday, October 17, 99 Dromore Rd. Scarsdale, 10 a.m. Enjoy wonderful fall days at the Nature Center with walks, live animals and stories. Children and parents or caregivers come for an hour of nature fun. Dress for outdoor activity. Except in extreme weather conditions, a portion of each class is spent outdoors. Admittance closes 15 minutes after the start of the program. NO PRE-REGISTRATION OR PRE-PAYMENT REQUIRED.
2) Tales for Tots, Rye Free Reading Room, Thursday, October 18, 1061 Boston Post Rd. Rye, NY, 10 a.m. Books, songs and finger plays to encourage language development and a love of books. Ages 2 - 3 1/2 years. The children’s librarians read simple picture books, lead finger plays, and sing songs to encourage language development and instill a love of stories in children learning to talk. Colorful felt board figures, puppets, stuffed animals, and other visual aids help introduce new vocabulary and engage children’s attention. Active audience interaction is invited. 25 minutes.
3) Pumpkin Ride, Sunday, October 21, Empire Harley, 8 Industrial Ln, New Rochelle, NY, 10 a.m. Join us for a light breakfast before we ride to go pumpkin picking! Kickstands up at 11 a.m. Price is $15 dollars, includes the patch, breakfast, and lunch when we return. Pumpkins that you purchase will be donated to the children of the Ronald McDonald House. A Van will follow us to the Orchard to drive all the pumpkins back. Call 914-632-6743 or email Carly firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Pick-your-own apples every weekend through October 21, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Orchards of Concklin, 2 S Mountain Rd, Pomona, NY. The Concklins grow over 20 varieties of apples but will offer the following for picking while supplies last: Cortland, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Empires, Golden Delicious, Winesap, Rome Fuji and Macouns. (All apples are not available at all weekends). Apples are $18 a peck bag. Picking poles are available for rental $1 ($5 refundable deposit). Pumpkins will be available the weekends of October 13 and October 20.
5) Free Art Group for Adoptees, Wednesday, October 24, 4 p.m. St. Paul’s Evangelical Church, 761 King St, Rye Brook, NY Forever Families Through Adoption is proud to announce the continuation of the FREE Art Group for Adoptees, an art themed socialization group for school age adoptees. The group will focus on the expression of emotions through art, and creating an open forum for discussion about the participants’ feelings about adoption. Groups will be led by FFTA employee, Becca Leitman, MSW, adoption counselor. The group will meet bi-monthly for sixty minute sessions on October 10, October 24, November 7, November 14, November 28, and December 5 on Wednesday afternoons from 4:00pm – 5:00pm at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church 761 King Street Rye Brook, NY 10573.
If you or anyone you know is interested in learning more about registering for FFTA’s Art Group for Adoptees or donating art supplies to the group, please contact Becca at FFTA at (914) 939-1180 or BeccaL@ForeverFamiliesThroughAdoption.org. All correspondence remains confidential.