.

Kitchen Fire Forces Evacuation Of Larchmont Apartment Building

Smokey conditions created inside apartment building at 35 N. Chatsworth Ave.

A six-story apartment building in Larchmont was evacuated today after a kitchen ignited on the fifth floor, according to Mamaroneck firefighters.

Firefighters received a call for a kitchen fire at 35 N. Chatsworth Ave. a little after 4 p.m. The fire, which originated from the stove of a fifth-floor apartment, was extinguished and the building was evacuated by the time firefighters arrived.

Everyone was allowed back inside the building once the smoke dissipated. No injuries were reported during the incident.

LMP December 30, 2011 at 03:01 PM
Does the story really mean that the fire was extinguished and the building evacuated BEFORE the arrival of a FD? Isn't the address in the Unincorporated Part of the Town? Which Department, Village or Town, responded? Which should have responded under any guidelines or rules that exist? Did anyone determine which would have been able to respond faster to this situation? Did anyone look at how response times might be different if the political boundaries did not exist? Thank G-d, no injuries, or worse. Can't we have improved protection and lower costs? Was this considered in that committee study a couple of years ago?

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »