On the heels of throughout the Lower Hudson Valley about the , the state received Friday three proposals from build teams interesting in tackling the $5.2 billion project.
The proposals number approximately 750,000 pages and were packed into about 70 boxes, said Brian Conybeare, a spokesman for governor Andrew Cuomo.
Earlier this year, to enter into the bidding. The three bidders who submitted Friday afternoon are:
- Kiewit-Skanska-Weeks Joint Venture (Kiewit Infrastructure Co., Skanska USA Civil Northeast Inc., and Weeks Marine, Inc.)
- Tappan Zee Bridge Partners, a Bechtel/Tutor Perini Joint Venture (Bechtel Infrastructure Corporation and Tutor Perini Corporation)
- Tappan Zee Constructors (Fluor Enterprises, Inc., American Bridge Company, Granite Construction Northeast, Inc., and Traylor Bros., Inc.).
Officials said the next step is reviewing the proposals "for completeness and compliance," a process that is expected to take about one month.
"The process will be [as] open and transparent as federal procurement law will allow," Conybeare added.
The state has been over the past few months to prepare for the coming span.
A handful of South Nyack homes were , but the state recently announced no homes will be lost during the project—a desicion that has affected residents.