This is an announcement from the Town Supervisor and the Mayors of the Village of Pelham and Pelham Manor regarding trick or treating on Saturday and from the Superintendent of Schools concerning services available to residents and activities scheduled for students on Saturday and Sunday, November 3rd and 4th.
• Pursuant to the emergency declaration by the Villages of Pelham and Pelham Manor, Halloween Trick or Treating is to take place from 12 o’clock noon until 6 pm on Saturday November 3rd.
• The Pelham Town House will be open 24 hours continuously as an emergency shelter with Internet WiFi access and the ability to charge phones and laptops.
• At 6 pm today, November 2nd, thanks to contributions from Senator Klein, battery-powered lamps and other items will be distributed at the Pelham Manor Fire House and the Pelham Town House.
• The Pelham Middle School will continue to be open from 8 am to 8 pm on Saturday and Sunday to allow residents to charge electronic items in the gymnasium and middle school computer classrooms will be open for Internet access.
• The Pelham Middle School boys and girls locker room showers will be available for use from 8 am to 8 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Bring your own towel.
• The Pelham Memorial High School Alumni Hall, located opposite the main high school gym, will show elementary-age-appropriate movies to Pelham residents at 2 pm and 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday. At 6 pm on Saturday and Sunday age- appropriate movies for middle school students will be shown. Parental supervision is required.
• The Town Recreation Department will supervise activities for middle school-age residents in the main high school gym from 8 am to 8 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Please note that the schools are in constant communications with the Town and Village Governments and area school districts. A decision will be made over the weekend regarding the potential opening of school on Monday. Thank you and be safe.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something