You can choose from Manhattan cityscapes, float by the Statue of Libery, see the stunning sights of the palisades in Hastings-on-Hudson or paddle by the steep cliffs of the Hudson Highlands in Cold Spring.
The Hudson Valley has several locations up and down the Hudson River from which you can launch a kayak.
Here are a list of some of the Hudson River kayaking spots (be sure to check ahead for rules, regulations and pricing):
- New York Harbor, Liberty State Park
- Kinnally Cove, Hastings-on-Hudson
- Horan’s Landing Park, Sleepy Hollow
- Echo Canoe Boat Launch, Croton-on-Hudson
- Louis Engel Waterfront Park, Town of Ossining
- Scenic Hudson Park, Irvington
- Stony Point Battlefield State Historic Site, Stony Point
- Memorial Park, Nyack
- Haverstraw Bay Park, Haverstaw
- Foundry Dock Park, Cold Spring
Looking for a guided kayaking tour of the Hudson? Check out these sites: